修道学問所之蔵

修道学園の前身は、旧広島城郭内にあったと伝えられる広島藩の藩校「学問所」。取り壊しの危機にあった学問所の土蔵を譲り受け、校地内に移築・復原しました。

「修道学問所之蔵」(旧広島城郭内の蔵)移築・復原事業

修道学園は、広島市東区愛宕町にあった旧広島城郭内の蔵の移築・復原事業を行いました。

この蔵は、旧広島城内から移築されたものであり、広島市街地に現存する唯一の江戸時代の土蔵です。また被爆建物でもあるため、歴史的価値の高い建物であるとの評価を受けております。
さらに、この蔵は、修道の淵源であります広島藩学問所にあった可能性が高いとの見解も示されております。

このたび修道学園は、この土蔵を譲り受け、同窓会の資金援助のもと、中高の敷地内に移築・復原し永久保存することといたしました。歴史的に貴重な建物を次世代に守り伝えると共に、修道学園が広島藩の藩校としての伝統を継承していることを具体的に示すことになると考えます。

Shudo Gakumonjo-no-kura

The predecessor of Shudo Gakuen is “Gakumonjo,” a former clan school of the Hiroshima Domain, which is said to have been built inside old Hiroshima Castle. The storehouse of Gakumonjo, which had been in danger of being demolished, was transferred, relocated and restored on the school premises.

Relocation and Restoration Project of “Shudo Gakumonjo-no-kura” (Storehouse in old Hiroshima Castle)

Shudo Gakuen carried out a relocation and restoration project of the storehouse in old Hiroshima Castle, which was in Atagomachi, Higashi-ku, Hiroshima City.

The storehouse was relocated from old Hiroshima Castle and is the only storehouse from the Edo Period existing in Hiroshima City. As it was an atomic bombed building, it is considered to have high historic value. In addition, there is the thought that the storehouse used to be in Hiroshima Gakumonjo, which would be the origins of Shudo.

Shudo Gakuen transferred the storehouse, and relocated and restored it on the premises of the junior and senior high school to preserve its historical significance forever with the financial support of the alumni association. We will preserve and pass down a historically precious building to the next generation and clearly demonstrate that Shudo Gakuen has inherited the traditions of the clan school of the Hiroshima Domain.

事務室前ロビー

事務室では各種証明書(通学証明書・身分証明書・卒業証明書・在学証明書)、学割などの発行を行っています。また、ロビーには本校同窓生の平山郁夫画伯の「希望の光 安芸の小富士」の陶板画や,ロンドン・リオデジャネイロ両オリンピックに出場した山縣亮太選手のユニフォームなどが展示されています。

Administration Office Front Lobby

The administration Office issues various certificates (commuting certificates, identification certificates, graduation certificates and enrollment certificates) and student discount certificates, etc. In the Lobby, a porcelain panel painting, “Kibo-no-Hikari Aki-no-Kofuji (Light of Hope, Little Fuji of Aki)” by a great painter and a graduate of the School, Hirayama Ikuo and a uniform of Yamagata Ryota, another graduate of the School, who participated in both the London and Rio de Janeiro Olympics, are exhibited.

図書館

生徒の皆さんが落ち着いて読書や自主学習に取り組めるよう、木のぬくもりにこだわった図書館です。蔵書数は約10万9000冊で、県内の中学校・高等学校ではトップクラスの規模を誇っています。

Library

The library interior was constructed based on a sense of the warmth of wood so that students can feel relaxed when reading and studying. It has about 109,000 books, which is one of the largest volumes among junior high schools and high schools in Hiroshima Prefecture.

記念品室

建学精神の指標となった浅野吉長公筆の「敬」、浅野重晟公筆の「孔子神位」ほか、先哲の書、著述、胸像、扁額、写真、掛軸、巻物、色紙、さらに藩校で使用された教科書など約300点を展示しています。

Exhibits

Exhibits about 300 works, including “Kei” written by domain lord, Asano Yoshinaga and “Confucius Divinity” written by domain lord, Asano Shigeakira, who represent the inspiration for the founding spirit, and other books, writings, statues, framed pictures, photos, hanging scrolls, scrolls, colored paper of ancient sages, and textbooks used at the domain school, etc.

101教室

受講生徒が講義を受けやすいように中学や高校ではめずらしいスロープ状の座席配置となっています。

Classroom 101

Seats are arranged in an auditorium style angled layout, which is unusual at junior high schools or high schools, so that students can easily listen to lectures.

理科実験室

5つの実験室があり,使用目的に合わせた異なる設備・構造となっています。中にはスクリーン以外に4台のモニターを設置している実験室もあり,演示実験や観察に役立っています。

生物

光源装置内蔵の生物顕微鏡を50台以上保有しており,一人一台使用することができます。

地学

鉱物顕微鏡が二人に一台あります。

化学

ガスバーナーが常設してある実験室で,二人で一台を共有して使用できるため,効率よく積極的に実験参加できる環境です。

Science Experiment Lab

There are five experiment labs and each lab has different equipment and facilities based on purpose of use. There is an experiment lab equipped with four monitors, in addition to a screen, which is useful for demonstration experiments and observations.

Biology

The lab has more than 50 biological microscopes equipped with light source devices so that each student can use one microscope.

Geoscience

One mineral microscope is provided for every two students.

Chemistry

In the experiment lab equipped with gas burners, as two students can share one gas burner, it is an environment in which students can actively and efficiently participate in experiments.

十竹ホール

私学修道の生みの親である山田十竹(じっちく)先生の名を冠しています。各種講演会や学年集会などの学校行事,スクールバンド班の活動などに利用されています。

Jicchiku Hall

The hall is named after Yamada Jicchiku, the founder of the Private School Shudo. It is used for various lecture meetings and school events such as assemblies and school band activities, etc.

食堂

開放感のある清潔な食堂では、栄養バランスとボリュームに配慮した豊富なメニューを用意しています。カレーや日替わりランチ・日替わり丼などが人気です。

メニュー例

Dining Hall

The open and clean dining hall offers a wide range of menu items in consideration of nutritional balance and volume. Curry rice, the daily lunch menu and the daily bowl are popular selections.

家庭科室

机の色は食欲をそそるサーモンピンク明るい色調です。裁縫ミシン・ロックミシンなどの用具器具類が充実しています。

Domestic Science Lab

The desks are a bright salmon pink which stimulates the appetite.
Equipment such as sewing machines and overlock sewing machines are well-equipped.

サブアリーナ

体育館1階南側に設置され、バスケットボール・バドミントン等の競技に使用でき、床はオリンピックの会場でも使用された素材となっています。

Sub Arena

This is on the 1st floor south side of the gymnasium, which can be used for basketball, badminton and other activities, and the floor is made of materials used at sites for the Olympic Games.

メインアリーナ

体育館3階に設置され、複数の競技が可能です。また、音楽祭等でも使用できるよう音響効果にも配慮しています。床はオリンピックの会場でも使用された素材となっています。

Main Arena

This is on the 3rd floor of the gymnasium, where multiple sports can be played. It has excellent acoustic effects so it is also used for music festivals and other events. The floor is made of materials used at sites for the Olympic Games.

敬道館

平成15(2003)年4月に建てられた武道館です。2Fに144畳の柔道場と剣道場が備えられています。「敬道館」という名称は,元は昭和13(1938)年創立200周年記念行事のひとつとして建設された記念館の名称であり,藩主浅野吉長の示した「敬」にちなんでつけられたものです。

Keidokan

This is a martial arts training hall built in April, 2003. On the 2nd floor, there is a judo training hall with 144 tatami mats and a kendo training hall. “Keidokan” is originally the name of a memorial hall built as a commemorative event in 1938 celebrating the 200th anniversary and was named after “Kei (Respect)” presented by the domain lord, Asano Yoshinaga.

メイングラウンド

メイングラウンドには温度抑制効果の高い最新の人工芝を、100m 走路にはロンドンオリンピックで使用されたものと同じ素材を導入しています。ナイター設備も完備しており、日照時間の短い冬季でもしっかり班活動などに励むことができます。

Main Grounds

On the main grounds of our track, we have installed modern artificial turf that employs a high temperature suppression effect, introduced for the 100m track using the same materials as those used for the London Olympic Games. Lighting facilities provide for year-round training and team activities.

ハンドボールコート

正式な競技のできるハンドボールコートが 1 面あります。2017 年に人工芝コートに改修しました。

Handball Court

There is one handball court which can be used for official competition. It was renovated with artificial turf in 2017.

プール

2017 年 3 月に完成したプールでは、用途に応じて深さを変えられるようになりました。水泳の授業では浅く、班活動では水球用に 2m の深さに設定して使います。

Swimming Pool

The swimming pool, completed in March 2017, can be activated to change its depth according to purpose of use. For swimming instruction, the pool’s depth is shallow, while it is set to a depth of 2m for water polo and group or other team-based activities.

球技コート

クッション性を高め、足に優しい素材に改修しました。授業と班活動で使用しますが、昼休憩は自由に遊ぶことができます。

Ballgame Courts

These were renovated using materials which are more elastic and softer on the legs and feet. They are used for classes and group activities, and students can also use them freely during lunch breaks.

テニスコート

砂入り人工芝で3面分のコートがあり、授業と班活動で使用しています。本校にはテニス班とソフトテニス班があります。

Tennis Courts

There are three courts made of artificial grass with sand, which are used for classes and group activities.
There are regular tennis clubs and “soft ball” tennis clubs at our School.

プロムナード

正門から奥に向かう遊歩道(プロムナード)は、メタセコイヤ並木の緑が校舎のレンガ色と美しいコントラストを描く、本校のシンボル的な場所となっています。

Promenade

The promenade heading to the back from the Main Gate is a symbol of the school, where the green of the pathway and the dawn redwoods display a beautiful contrast with the brick red of school buildings.

慰霊碑

北門の近くにある慰霊碑は、本校の原爆死没者を追悼するために 1946(昭和 21)年に建立されました。

Memorial Monument

The memorial monument located near the north gate was built in 1946 to mourn people affiliated with the school who died from the atomic bomb.

Courtyard

プロムナードの奥にある中庭は、生徒たちが昼食や会話を楽しむ憩いの場です。

Courtyard

The courtyard in the back of the Promenade is a place of relaxation for students to enjoy lunch and conversation.

渡り廊下

校地の東西を結ぶ、「修道学園」の文字が入った渡り廊下。旧校舎時代のものをそのまま残し、本校の歴史を伝える場所となっています。

Corridor

A corridor connecting the east and west sides of the school premises displays the lettered inscription “Shudo Gakuen.” The corridor of the former school building remains, which tells the history of the school.

南館東

1 階がピロティー(吹き抜け)となっており、開放感のある造りの校舎です。2~4 階には主に高校の教室を、5 階には美術教室を配置しています。

East Side of the South Hall

The 1st floor is constructed as a piloti (atrium) which gives the school building a sense of openness. On the 2nd through the 4th floors, are high school classrooms and on the 5th floor, there is an art classroom.

南館西

各教科の特別教室を機能的に配置しています。6 年生の教室がある 4 階には進路部室・進路資料室・進路学習室を設けています。5 階には、進路講演会や学年集会など多くの学校行事が行われる十竹ホールがあります。初代校長である山田十竹(じっちく)先生の名を冠しています。

West Side of the South Hall

Special classrooms for each subject are arranged according to function. On the 4th floor, where classrooms of 6th grade students are located, a Future Course Room, Future Course Reference Room and Future Course Study Room are available. On the 5th floor, there is Jicchiku Hall, where many school events are held, including future course lecture meetings and meetings by grade level. The Hall is named after Jicchiku Yamada, the first Principal.

北館

1 階に家庭科実習室・コンピュータ教室・食堂・売店などを設け、2~4 階は、主に中学の教室を配置しています。開放感のある清潔な食堂では、栄養バランスとボリュームに配慮した豊富なメニューを用意しています。カレーや日替わりランチ、日替わり丼などが人気です。

North Hall

On the 1st floor, a domestic science practical training room, a computer room, a dining hall and a shop are available, and on the 2nd through 4th floors, there are mainly junior high school classrooms. The open and bright dining hall offers a wide range of menu items in consideration of nutritional balance and caloric intake. Curry rice, a daily lunch menu item and the daily bowl item are popular selections.

本館

校長室や事務室、図書館、修道の歴史を伝える記念品室があります。10 万冊の蔵書数は県内トップクラス。放課後は自主学習の場として、生徒たちの熱気にあふれています。日本画家の平山郁夫画伯は、修道の同窓生。ロビーには平山画伯の原画『希望の光り 安芸の小冨士』の陶版画があります。

Main Hall

The principal’s office and the administrative offices, the library and the commemorative display room to convey the history of Shudo. With more than 100,000 books, the library takes pride in owning one of the largest volumes in Hiroshima Prefecture. After classes finish for the day, the library transforms into a place for self-study and is filled with the student’s enthusiasm for learning. The Japanese painter, Ikuo Hirayama is a graduate of Shudo. In the Lobby, an original porcelain panel painting “Kibo-no-Hikari (Light of Hope, Little Fuji of Aki),” by the great painter, Hirayama, is exhibited.

平山郁夫画伯創原画
「希望の光 安芸の小富士」陶板画

この陶板画は、修道中学校・修道高等学校校舎等整備事業(平成 11 年 11 月 4 日着工 平成 15 年 8 月 31 日竣工)の完成を記念して同窓会から寄贈されたものである。

本校校歌をモチーフにした陶板画の原画「希望の光 安芸の小富士」は、修道中学校 3 年生在学中に被爆された平山郁夫画伯により特別に創作されたものである。

修道中学校・修道高等学校校歌 1 番

安芸の小富士にあかねさし 希望の光輝けば
狭霧に迷う雲はれて 万象栄光を享くる時
若き健児の血は沸きて 高き理想に生くるなり

この絵には、不透明な国際情勢に平和の光がさすことを祈りつつ、また、未来を担う修道健児の大成を願う画伯の強い想いが込められている。

中央が広島湾に浮かぶ似島(安芸の小富士)
陶板画の大きさ:H3.0 メートル × W4.5 メートル

被爆建物
旧広島陸軍兵器支厰の外壁煉瓦

旧広島陸軍兵器支厰は、昭和 19 年 9 月から昭和 20 年 8 月 15 日まで旧制修道中学校生徒が学徒勤労令による動員で作業に従事した場所である。昭和 20 年 8 月 6 日 3 年生を中心とした多数の生徒がここで被爆した。

このたび、旧制広島陸軍兵器支厰倉庫の最後の一棟(現在、広島市南区霞一丁目広島大学医学部構内)が取り壊されるにあたり、当時の動員生徒有志の醵金によって、その外壁煉瓦を本校で保存するに至った。

Atomic Bombed Building: Outer Wall Bricks of Former Hiroshima Military Branch Arsenal

Former Hiroshima Military Branch Arsenal was the place where students of former Shudo Junior High School were engaged in work by mobilization under the Students Service Ordinance. A number of students, mainly in their 3rd year, suffered from the effects of the atomic bomb here on August 6, 1945.

When the last building of the warehouse of the Former Hiroshima Military Branch Arsenal (currently on the premises of Hiroshima University, School of Medicine at 1, Kasumi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima City) was scheduled to be demolished, the school decided to preserve the outer wall bricks through donations from volunteer students who were mobilized at the time.